Telemedicine-cloud is going to transform healthcare as never witnessed before. Remote diagnosis and treatment of disease by means of telecommunication technology is defined as telemedicine. Cloud computing is a model of data storage in which the digital data is stored in logical pools employing multiple servers housed at numerous locations. A combination of telemedicine and cloud computing is termed as telemedicine-cloud.
We are a group of more than 160 professors and physicians, representing more than 50 medical schools and hospitals across America contributing towards the implementation of telemedicine-cloud technology in the following areas:
- Education of medical residents and students.
- Continuing medical education of physicians.
- Remote diagnosis of disease and treatment.
- Training of medical students and residents in the telemedicine science.
- Facilitation of hospital services and improved access.
- Improving access and lowering cost of information technology system.